Homework for November 18, 2016
- CPM Math Lesson 4.1.1, Review and Preview Problems 4-7 through 4-11, all problems and SHOW WORK!
- Acellus: Speeding Around the Sun Lab
- Cornell Notes Speeding Around the Sun Lab
- Spelling page 72
- Adverbs Rule 15, page 60
- Vocabulary word of the week: boisterous Day 1
- Read chapter 6 of The Golden Goblet and complete vocabulary golden-goblet-chapter-6-vocabulary
- Dialectic Journal chapter 6 of The Golden Goblet
- Choose new book for pleasure reading and show to Mrs. Coughren on November 18
- History textbook,read pages 101-106 and answer questions 1-4 on page 106. Use complete sentences,
Homework for September 23, 2016
- Chapter 1 Closure, pages 47-50. Check answers on page 51 and 52. Must know math vocabulary as well. Study for test Friday
- Acellus: Features on the Sun video and questions
- Cornell notes in notebook
- Spelling page 26 and 27, and study for spelling test Friday
- Vocabulary word of the week: resolute day 1
- Subject predicate worksheet, pages 7 and 8. Page 7 is the rule, students must complete page 8
- Topic Sentence Practice. You choose the subject from the list. Each of the 6 practice topic sentences must be an Occasion/Position statement
- Book report due September 30
- Read student edition pages 12-15
- Complete student workbook pages 7-8 note taking on pages 12-15 in student edition
****Last day of site classes!
****All work must be in at 12:00 noon on May 27th, 2016.
Plato, Semester 2, Unit 1 post-test
Maya, Inca and Aztec final draft
Finish Renaissance ABC Book
Yesterday the student’s had a substitute teacher while I was on a field trip with my son to Sacramento. Mrs. James was the teacher, and she reported to me today that everybody was on their best behavior. Thank you class!
****Some students have been photocopying my homework passes and sit where you want passes. This is not acceptable, and photocopies will not be accepted.
In class yesterday students worked in the Science textbook on pages 208-211 and completed questions 1-7 and pages 212-217 questions 1-8. Students who were absent need to complete this.
Plato Genetic variation and biotechnology mastery test.
Complete Maya, Inca and Aztec research paper rough draft due Thursday. Students should have introduction paragraph done as they walked through it in class.
Last book review due. Powerpoint presentaiton.
Renaissance ABC book, letter S
*********Science Fair and Open House, Monday night 4-6!~*************
Science Fair project was due yesterday, but may be turned in today by 4pm for full credit. If it is turned in on Monday it will be given late credit which is -10%.
Plato: Genetic Variation and Biotechnology lesson
Read Poems, “The Wall” and “The Thank-you Letter” and complete graphic organizer and add to Modern Day Challenges chart
Plato, English 7, Crafting Structure in Poetry Tutorial
Verbs, Perfect Tense, page 170
Spelling Day 142 and 143
Renaissance ABC Book, letters, O, P, Q, and R
Science Fair Project is due tomorrow 5/12! Late credit will be given if turned in Friday 5/13 or Monday 5/16. The Science Fair/Open House is on Monday 5/16 from 4 to 6pm.
Spelling day 140
In class we completed “Angels” and “My Sister is Crazy” Angels and My Sister is Crazy plus graphic organizer
Read “Bad Hair Day” and the article “…Distracting Red” and complete Compare and Contrast Form. Also complete Challenges of Modern Times graphic organizer. Bad Hair Day and Distracting read plus compare and contrast
Challenges of Modern Times anchor chart
Complete Aztec, May and Inca graphic organizer using textbook
Verbs, tenses Verbs tenses page 167
Don’t forget last Book Review is due on May 19th!!!! Powerpoint presentation. Instructions are here: POWERPOINT BOOK REPORT with edits
Renaissance ABC book, letters K and L Renaissance alphabet page