Homework for September 23, 2016
- Chapter 1 Closure, pages 47-50. Check answers on page 51 and 52. Must know math vocabulary as well. Study for test Friday
- Acellus: Features on the Sun video and questions
- Cornell notes in notebook
- Spelling page 26 and 27, and study for spelling test Friday
- Vocabulary word of the week: resolute day 1
- Subject predicate worksheet, pages 7 and 8. Page 7 is the rule, students must complete page 8
- Topic Sentence Practice. You choose the subject from the list. Each of the 6 practice topic sentences must be an Occasion/Position statement
- Book report due September 30
- Read student edition pages 12-15
- Complete student workbook pages 7-8 note taking on pages 12-15 in student edition
Homework for September 16, 2016
- Lesson 1.2.2, How do they compare? 1-57 through 1-61 all parts
- Lesson 1.2.3, What can a rectangular array show? 1-68 through 1-72 all parts
- Acellus: The Sun’s Interior video and questions
- Cornell notes
- Write a paragraph describing which Mastodon theory you think is correct and justify using evidence. Students should use correct paragraph format with a topic sentence and supporting evidence.
It’s been a great week! Students are starting to get the hang of routines and procedures in class. Beginning next week, in addition to aplseeds, I am going to send home a checklist of assignments instead of having student write in planner…so look for it! Aplseeds will still be useful if something is missing, or if your student is absent. You will be able to download and print assignments here.
Homework for Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Lesson 1.1.5 Homework R&P 1-36 through 1-40 all parts
- Lesson 1.2.1 Homework R&P 1-46 through 1-50 all parts
- EEI: Paleolithic People, read “Petra, an Early Paleolithic Girl, student edition, pages 6-7 and Peter, a Late Paleolithic Boy, student ed. pages 8-9
- EEI: After reading about Peter and Petra complete Venn diagram compare and contrast, student workbook pages 7.
- EEI: Student workbook, page 8.
Homework for Friday, September 9th
- Lesson 1.1.4 How do I organize information? Homework, 1-28 through 1-32 all parts
- Acellus Gravity and Motion Watch video and answer all questions that follow.
- Cornell notes on Gravity and Motion video
- Finish reading and underlining pages 2-5 “Gathering Resources from the Sea” in Paleolithic People student edition. Underline important information and circle vocabulary you don’t know, and then complete student workbook pages 2-3
Welcome to September! Our first week is over and it has been a great week!
- Lesson 1.1.3, problems 1-19 through 1-23 all parts
- Acellus Earth’s Seasons video and complete problems after watching video
- Cornell notes on the Acellus video in science notebook cornellnotestemplatedoc
- Spelling Book pages 18
- Vocabulary word of the week: archaeology, Day 3
- Complete Snapshot Autobiography rough draft, we will edit in class tomorrow
- First read page 6-8 of “A Brief History of Wolves in the US” Continue to mark text as we practiced in class. Underline important information and circle words you don’t know.