- Classwork: Lesson 1.2.4 primes, composites, prime factorization
- Homework: Problems 1.85-1.94; There will be a Test on Friday 9/18 for Chapter 1
ONLINE resource to help with the math textbook. You can access “homework help” for all the problems that students are assigned through this link. Simply click on the lesson that they are doing and then the problem that you are having difficulty with.
- Classwork: Weathering Lab……chemical and mechanical weathering
- Homework: Please make sure your parent looks at your lab worksheet. Are the answers in complete sentences? Have you written a hypothesis for each part of the lab? Complete all of these parts if they are not done.
- Classwork: Writer’s Workshop- Mrs. James checks all templates for Bear Grylls essay bear grylls template students begin writing their papers; Introduction of novel Out of the Dust, what does the title tell us?; Another grammar lesson for commas, Introduction to appositives and how commas are used.
- Homework: 1. terra/terr/sub vocabulary packetterr,terra,sub vocabulary packet(remember part C on the last page needs to be on a separate page and is a separate paragraph and picture) due next Wednesday 9/16 TEST WEDNESDAY- STUDY starred words for the test 2. Using Bear Grylls template bear grylls template write the polished paragraph bear grylls rubric, staple to the paragraph the template, impressions chart bear grylls chart, and compare/contrast chart compare contrast graphic organizer which were completed in class 3. Appositive Worksheet appositive worksheet4. Read p. 3-33 from Out of the Dust 5. READ book of choice: book talk due 9/25 book talk
- Classwork: What is migration? Why did people migrate to CA? Why did early paleolithic people migrate? What are late vs. early paleolithic time periods? Create map of both time periods and where we believe they were settled. Note migration routes for both these time periods. Discuss what was happening on Earth during times of migration.
- Homework: Paleolithic Journal p. 5 paleolithic journal