- Classwork: Fantastic 4, dividing fractions; reciprocals!!
- Homework: Worksheet 3.9 complete all of the assignment #1a-f, in skills practice do #2,5, 8-18all, 20, 21, 23 (fractions 3 9)
- Classwork: Complete lab about air pollution at APL; begin pollution prevention project
- Homework: 1. review of energy transfer (convection, conduction, radiation) (conduction convction radiation wkst)
- Classwork: Journal writing free write; Discuss Tone and Mood of novels, begin reading chapter 7 and practice reading “closely” with the novel- identify examples of the author’s tone and how it changes during the story. ; review compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound complex sentences. Remember that dependent clauses in complex sentences and compound complex sentences have a verb. Example of dependent clause: After dinner was over, Nonexample of dependent clause: After dinner, Compound sentence: has a FANBOYS and joins 2 independent clauses (example: I went to school, and I studied Spanish.) Complex sentence: has dependent clause and independent clause (example: After dinner was over, we went outside to play baseball.) Compound/Complex sentence: has a dependent clause, independent clause, FANBOYS, independent clause (example: After dinner was over, I went to school and studied Spanish.)
- Homework: 1.Vocabulary packet (review #1) due 11/19 (vocab review 1) This is review this week of important concepts that have been covered so far in our year. Test on this material will be on Friday 11/21. Students will have a multiple choice portion where they need to know the meaning of the root words. They will then need to use 8 words from their list that they created to write a story that makes sense. Students will also be tested on identifying simple, compound, complex, compound complex sentences. 2. Students need to complete heqet paragraph- use heqet paragraph template 3. Read Chapter 7,8,9 of Golden Goblet, fill out dialectical journal…finding two quotes that are examples of tone or mood, then 3 quotes about 1 character from novel (either Ancient One, Heqet, or Ranofer). Use the examples that we did together at the beginning of chapter 7 as a reference for mood/tone quotes. (golden goblet 7 8 9) 4. Compound/Complex worksheet #3 and 4 On the #3 side students need to add a dependent clause to one of the blanks for each sentence.(compound complex 3 and 4)
- Classwork: completed #1 and 2 of hieroglyph project
- Homework: none- will complete rosetta stone project Wednesday (rosetta stone project)