- Classwork: Fantastic 4, journal activity, multiplying fractions
- Homework: Worksheet 3.8 complete assignment #b,d,f Complete “skills” #2,4,6, #8-14all, 22,24,26, 28 (fractions 3 8)
- Classwork: Fill out template for summary of “A Feverish World”feverish world template ; begin lab
- Homework: 1. Summary of scientific article(a feverish world)- use template as a guide. Students were asked to add evidence from the article as a quote 2. Read p.484-486 from text in preparation for Lab friday.
- Classwork: Journal writing with citing evidence for one’s opinion, vocabulary test; begin reading chapter 6 and practice reading “closely” with the novel- identify “Level 1” questions- these are questions that can be answered directly from the text, introduced the idea of a “Level 2” question- this is a question that requires the reader to use inference; chose a Heqet joke to begin writing template for next paragraph
- Homework: 1.Vocabulary packet (review #1) due 11/19 (vocab review 1) This is review this week of important concepts that have been covered so far in our year. I asked students to test themselves to see what they know before they use past worksheets to find the answers 2. Finish template in preparation for paragraph about Heqet and his “jokes”heqet paragraph template 3. Read Chapter 6 of Golden Goblet, use post it notes to write 2 “Level 1” questions and answer the questions that you find. Use the examples that we did together at the beginning of chapter 6 as a reference.
- Classwork: Powerpoint/notes on Egyptian achievements
- Homework: none- will prepare hieroglyphs in class on Friday- can read handout in preparation if wanted (rosetta stone project)